MC Mohali fails to reply for application filled under RTI Act 2005
Mohali: With the public information officer (PIO) of the Municipal Corporation, Mohali (MC) failing to provide information under the Right to Information (RTI) Act to the application filled by Mohali Resident on 25 July 2022 regarding several tenders called by Municipal Corporation Mohali.
- Applicant a resident of Mohali has filled an RTI Application with PIO MC Mohali and sought the information of Detail of tender(s)/ e- tender(s) called by the office of Municipal Corporation since 1st April 2022 for various maintenance/ development works in different phases/sectors falling under the jurisdiction of Municipal Corporation Mohali.
- Details of documents required and submitted by the eligible registered applicants as referred to in Para 1 Above.
- Copy of certificate/ documents submitted to be eligible in technical bids for qualifying to participate in financial bids.
- Details of tenders rejected till date for non submission of all documents as required to be submitted as per pre requisite in Para 1 above.
- Details of works allotted till date area wise, phase wise and ward wise and amount spent on such works with the details of contractors
- System to lodge a complaint / any grievances regarding the quality of work being carried out by the contractor(s).
- Details of tender/ e tenders called upon waiting for allotment of works.
- Details of concerned officers engaged in process of opening of tenders and verifying the documents are in order as required in terms and conditions Department wise.
Applicant while talking to The Aman Sandesh Times informed that since the lapse of 30 days no reply has been provided by the PIO MC Mohali till date and informed that he will be filling a complaint with the State Information Commission as per the provisions of law.
RTI Act 2005 aims to provide for setting out the practical regime of right to information for citizens to secure access to information under the control of public authorities, in order to promote transparency and accountability in the working of every public authority.